Thursday, August 24, 2006

Food Review - Out Of The Pan

19th August 2006.

Meet dar 5.30pm at cityhall. But I was late reach around 545pm. Why? when i was choosing the clothes to wear, I accidentally broke the little ornament dear gave to me during vday. so sad.. But dear was even later den me.haha.. 6pm she still at home. Den tell me she do homework till forgot time.. lol..Everytime like that. haha.. So i waited around 45min again.

Shop around raffles city shopping. Went to adidas shop.. Saw a jacket and I like it.So I decided to buy it tml(20th aug 06) using the $150 adidas voucher that starhub gave me. haha.. After that walk around, den walk to MS to check the timing for the movie - Click. But the timing not right or left, 6plus and 9plus. if watch 9plus den at nite i will have no bus home after i send dear home.

So waited dear to reach liao den I tell her. She say watch 9 plus one den she go home alone loh. But I of course say no. Called sis ask her help me check timing in other place. But she tell me she got the dvd. So I told dar about it, and she seemed sad.. I think because she think watch in cinema got the "Qing Xu". aiyo.. but must think ma, save money.. haha.. i not very rich leh.. broke liao..

We walk around MS awhile den back to raffles city shopping center. to decide wat to eat.. So we past by this restaurant name "Out Of The Pan" which is on the basement level - "The market place". So dear ask wanna try and of course I say ok.

Let's see the photos taken right now..



A4 sized paper with it's restuarant name printed on.


My drink- Coffee Oreo


Dar's Order - Mocha Freeze


My Main Dish - Korean BBQ Pork with Kimchi


Dar's Main Dish - Smoked Ham

The Everything from dar's view

The everything from my view.


I'm waiting for my waffle. Why is it so long?


Our dessert - Jaffa Waffle

Random shots.

Trying hard to pose with the waffle.


When is this taken?hmm..


drink water oso nice to take? haha..

Ok.. that's all folks.. 13 photos only.. no more or less.. haha.. Now less see how much te meal costed.

Service: 4star
Food: 4 star
Ambience: 3.5 star
Overall rating: 4star
Pricing: If you can afford swensen or any restuarant like swensen, then you can afford this.

1 Coffee Oreo - $5
1 Mocha Freeze - $5
1 Korean BBQ Pork with Kimchi - $11.50
1 Smoked Ham - $11.50
1 Jaffa Waffle - $10
total = $43.00

Because I used UOB Visa Debit, there's 15% off.. But i calculated.. they didnt give me whole 15%. Deduct only 11.5%. dunno why.. So.. only deduct $4.85, which should be $6.45.
$43-$4.95=$38.05

plus 10% service charge = $3.81
1% CESS from $38.05 = 0.38
Den now add $38.05 + $3.81 + $0.38 = $42.24
5% of GST from $42.24 = $2.11
So Grand Total is
$42.24 + $2.11 = $44.35

What I hate about Singapore is this, everything oso charge you.. the meal actually can be much cheaper.. but with all the Service Charge, GST, CESS = $EXPENSIVE.. hahaha..

Oh yah, there's few things I wanna comment on.

The food was served quite fast after we have ordered. Not much of a waiting time. around 5-10min. That's very good. Even though there are many customers, the food still served quick. Thumbs Up^

Another issue here. There is this waiter, who has no courtesy at all.
This is wat happen. After we had order our food from another waiter, we ask for one of menu to be kept with us for later order. Den the very "courteous" waiter who after served the table behind ours, walk past us and took the menu away just like that, without asking. Shoom..the menu was taken away. Cannot believe it..It seemed like he snatching something.He didn't even stop beside the table and took it. He walk and took it at the same time. He should at least ask if we need it or not. Singapore service is not that good. I think that's why Singapore was ranked 31st out of 35 country for world of courtesy survey.

Enough of my talk here.. End of my 2 Food Review..

That's why I need a job badly.. Cos I spent alot..

Takecare everyone..Smile always!!

No comments: